Sabado, Agosto 31, 2013

Geek Alert: HP and Kibuishi

The Harry Potter series recently had a fresh update of covers in time for his 15th year anniv. I know, I haven't even read the books yet I'm so excited. Well, I did read through the first one til the 16th-ish chapter I think. After that I had to return the book to the owner lest I forget all about it. I did get to watch the movies though. All except the 5th one hahah.

Anyhoo, the first book's on its 15th anniv of its US release yay! What started out as a children's fantasy novel actually ended more mature than some, I dunno, vampire wannabe novel hahah. It is illustrated by Kazu Kibuishi, an American graphic novel artist and illustrator. Well he was born Japenese. And I think he's cute hahah.





The original American cover by Mary GrandPre featured Harry on a Nimbus catching a Snitch. This one looks cooler showing Harry being led by Hagrid at Diagon Alley.

On a side note, I also like the UK Bloomsburg signature edition covers by Clare Melinsky. The art is very minimalist.



It also features art at the back cover, all showing Harry's back on a particular scene in the books. The coolest one would have to be the final showdown with Voldemort.



Also, I've just seen the Swedish cover for Deathly Hallows and I really liked the anime-ish style hahah. Plus the illustrator Alvaro Tapia is also cute hahah. Or maybe I'm just too biased on the guys. Kebs.




____________________
References:
To see all seven illustrated by Kibuishi and GrandPre, click here: Scholastic.

For a listing of HP covers, you might want to look at this site: Linto Experiment.

Walang komento:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips